DISASTER RECOVERY & DATA BACKUP
Keep your business functioning by planning for disaster
PS Tech offer a range of backup solutions under the label of ‘Pro Backup’ that can help your business with Disasater Recovery planning. Below is a summary of the different low cost solutions we have available. Our data backup solutions are 50%-70% cheaper than industry leader Mozy, so please get in touch to see how we compare and compete and avoid a data loss situation.
Keeping Your Data Safe and Secure
The Backup Options
With our Pro Backup solution, you can ensure you have covered one of the 4 cornerstones of your IT service, backup. The other 3 cornerstones are Security, Patching and Support.
With Pro Backup your critical business data will be kept safe and secure, reducing the risk of data loss. PS Tech will assist you in taking a holistic view of your data backup strategy to ensure that you have peace of mind and are protected against the various causes of data loss.
Opposite, are the backup options we can provide:
BUSINESS DESKTOP BACKUP
PRO BACKUP BUSINESS is our core backup solution for your end-users computers (desktops and laptops). It ensure data on those devices is regularly and securely backed up to the cloud for safe keeping in case of a problem.
Pro Backup Business is a Windows or Apple Mac application that installs to each computer you wish to protect data on. It can also be installed onto Servers, but we have a specific product that is more suited to server backup. Pro Backup Business is a cloud-based solution. Users can access the data in the cloud and perform their own restores if needed. A restore can be set to roll back all files to a certain point in time, or just restore a single file that has been deleted or overwritten accidentally for example. Some of the key features include:
- Storage is a mixture of cloud, on-premise or a mixture (hybrid+)
- You pay only for the cloud storage you need (pooled across all users)
- Backup an unlimited numbers of computers
- Backup network mapped drives (NAS, Server etc.)
- You can connect Pro Backup directly to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Facebook, Instagram and other services for over-the-cloud backups
- Users can perform instant restores
- Previous versions files are kept, and the number of previous versions is configurable to your requirement, as is file retention
- Data is uploaded and stored securely in EU based data centres
- Web based control panel to manage users, computers and backed up data and see compliance reports
- Clever AI, discovery and OCR features to make finding your files easier
- Automatic protection once installed
- Manageable by yourself or by PS Tech
- Monthly or Annual payment plans available
- Cloud storage from 100Gb upward to multiple Tb’s
- Included in our Micro Business IT Plan
Contact PS Tech now for a free consultation to see how our Pro Backup Business product can help you today.
PRO BACKUP SERVER is our solution for backing up your servers. This is a Windows or Apple Mac application that is licensed and installed on each server requiring data backup. Server specific features are included to ensure your server applications are protected as well as your files. This includes the ability to perform block level backups of Exchange, SQL database backups, Server System State and bare-metal image backups
Some key features of our Pro Backup Server solution include:
- Cross platform solution: Windows, Apple Mac or Linux
- Backups can be based in the Cloud, Local (direct or network attached) or mixture of both (hybrid backup)
- Various cloud storage solutions available form PS Tech, or bring your own storage
- Scheduled and real-time backup options
- Backup network locations
- Encryption from 256-bit and compression options
- Block-level backup
- System state backup and bare metal recovery
- File based backups or complete system images
- MS SQL Server backup
- MS Exchange backup
- Data retention policies, including purge options for GDPR compliance
- Ransomware detection and alerting
- Filtering and open files backup
- Bandwidth throttling
- Centrally managed and monitored by PS Tech if required for reliability and compliance
Pro Backup Server is licensed per server, and then low-cost cloud storage is added, and can be pooled across your licensed servers. Cloud storage supplied by PS Tech is UK based, secure and GDPR compliant.
Contact one of our data specialists now to discuss the best solution for your network.
PS Tech have partnered with DATTO to provide a business continuity solution that can keep your business running in case of disaster. Using a combination of an on-premise appliance with storage and processing power, and an unlimited cloud computing reservation, we can have your servers back up and running in less than 30 seconds.
Please contact us to enquire how DATTO can provide your business the failsafe it needs in case of disaster, accidential or malicious.
OFFICE 365 BACKUP
PRO BACKUP 365 (AND GSUITE!) – Office 365 is a fabulous solution for any sized business. Data stored in cloud-based file storage systems is still potentially at risk. With our Pro Backup 365 solution, data stored in Office 365 or Google GSuite can be backed up over the internet, automatically and securely. Not just files either, but also Emails, Calendar entries, Contacts, SharePoint sites and OneDrive folders.
Available as a simple monthly per-user subscription with unlimited storage, or annual per-user subscription with a capped storage (you control), this is a very flexible solution. Backups are fully automatic throughout the day, and users can restore content themselves.
Some key features of our Pro Backup 365 product include:
- Regular 6 hourly backups throughout the day
- Backup and restore Exchange Online
- Backup and restore SharePoint & Office 365 Groups
- Backup and restore OneDrive files
- Search and recover individual files, folders or emails
- Users can restore their own files
- Set retention policies including how many previous versions and for how long
- Data is encrypted in transit and at final storage location using at least 256-bit encryption
- Choose your own storage provider, or use our secure UK based storage for a low cost
If your business uses Office 365, then you really should consider using Pro Backup 365 from PS Tech. Please contact us now for an initial consultation and a quotation.
PRO BACKUP HOME – Data on your home computer is valuable. Photos cannot be taken again, music libraries take weeks to compile and your own correspondence and data files are invaluable. Why put them at risk by relying on your computers hard disk lasting forever. Unfortunately we have seen many households affected by data loss.
Pro Backup Home is a Windows or Apple Mac application that installs to each computer in the household you wish to protect data on. All of the data you select for backup is stored securely in your own account in the cloud. This gives you peace of mind, not if, but when your computer goes wrong. Some of the key features include:
- Storage is cloud based, but can also be on a portable HDD or a NAS at home (hybrid+)
- You pay only for the cloud storage you need
- Backup up to 3 computers in 1 household
- Backup network mapped drives (if you have a NAS device at home)
- You can connect Pro Backup Home directly to your personal Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Facebook, Instagram and other services for over-the-cloud backups
- You can restore files from the cloud whenever you want (there is a 5 hour delay as files are pulled from secure storage before the become available for download. If you need instant restores, please look at Pro Backup Business)
- You can configure how many previous versions of files are backed up
- Your backed up data is uploaded and stored securely in
- EU based data centres
- There is a web based control panel to manage users, computers and backed up data
- Clever AI, discovery and OCR features to make finding your files, pictures and videos easier
- Automatic protection once the software is installed
- Monthly or Annual payment plans available
- Cloud storage from 100Gb upward to multiple Tb’s
Contact PS Tech now for a free consultation to see how our Pro Backup Home solution can protect your home computers today.
What Are The Risks?
Common causes of data loss include:
- Accidental deletion of a file or collection of files
- Accidental over-write of a file
- A hack deleting needed data
- A ransomware infection encrypts your data
There is also a common misconception that data stored in a cloud storage solution (such as Dropbox, Box, SharePoint, Office 365) is safe, and ticks the backup strategy box because the data is cloud based. There are 3 fundamental flaws with this assumption:
- All cloud file storage or file sync products only include a short retention period for deleted files, typically 30 or 60 days. After that, lost files are gone forever
- The very feature that provides such huge convenience, file synchronisation between devices, is also the solutions worst enemy. In the case of mass file deletion, encryption or corruption, the sync tool will sync the changes to all the files to all users, instantly! If this is a zero-day attack, the storage provider will be inundated with requests to restore. Can you wait?
- Finally, a backup is a separate, secured copy of your data, separate from your live production data. Maintaining just the 1 instance of your data puts it, and your business at risk.
In short, cloud storage and sharing/collaboration solutions such as Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive and SharePoint are all great solutions. Don’t neglect to back them up though!
PS Tech have a solution to help in almost any environment. See above for our 4 main product offerings: