Summary of role
This role is about ensuring our clients experience the very best in customer/client service. This role is front-of-house, answering phone calls and responding to email communication. It involves capturing accurate information from the client and logging it into our in-house computer systems. You will be organising incoming and outgoing equipment deliveries and collections, and ensuring accurate information is recorded for these services. It is a pivotal role, as other team members will rely on you to organise various actions to ensure the client receives a service that exceeds their expectations.
PS Tech values
We expect any individual within our organisation to always aspire to these values:
- Excellence: Look to achieve excellence in all areas of your work.
- Respect: We always put the client first and value their business. We show respect to our colleagues and our clients, regardless of their level of expertise.
- Quality: Through being thorough, provide a quality service. We also look to improve quality every time we follow a process or deliver a piece of work.
- Integrity: We place a very high value on honesty, trustworthiness, and loyalty. Dishonesty has no place in PS Tech.
- Simplicity: We keep things simple. This aids the achievement of our values.
- Uphold the company’s values and professional standards
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and colleagues
- Taking and directing phone calls from clients and suppliers
- Log support tickets that come in by phone
- Check we have up-to-date contact details for callers
- Assist with customer and end-user on-boarding and off-boarding tasks
- Logistics support (book deliveries and collections, pack items to ship, follow-up on deliveries and collections)
- Procurement support (ordering items for the office, stock, customer orders, subscriptions, software licenses
- Following up on-site repairs/engineer visits from external or internal resources
- Checking goods and items delivered to our head office against the purchase order, and physical condition
- Maintain customer service and accounts email inbox and related communications
- Administrative and data input/sorting related tasks
- Within commutable distance to our Uckfield office
- Good communicator both internally and with our clients, in-person, written and phone
- Enthusiastic with a friendly phone manner
- A team member
Essential skills and experience
- Ability to work in an office environment
- You will need an excellent telephone manner and written communication skills
- You will need to be organised and be able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- You will need to be familiar with Microsoft Windows and the core functions of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as be proficient in using the internet
Reporting to the Operations Director as a member of the customer services team.
Work environment and conditions
This is a full-time role based in our office in Uckfield. You will be provided with company-owned equipment that is needed for your role.
Normal working days are Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. Our normal business hours are 08:30 – 17:30. Working hours for this role are flexible within these times.
Last updated: June 2022